Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ah, irony

When I named this blog, it was a reference to an inside joke in my family.  When I was younger (preschool aged) I didn't like to color inside the lines.  My teachers told my mom that this needed to be corrected and she responded that I could color outside of the lines if I wanted to.  I've always been a "unique" individual, so I thought it fit.
 Now it seems that this concept has taken on a whole new meaning.  When I started this blog, I didn't expect it to be a blog about illness.  But that has become a central part of my life and oddly enough, fits with the title.  Ah, the irony.
I took a "turn for the worst" (I know, it sounds so dramatic, but it is true) on Thursday night.  I woke up at 1 am to throbbing, excruciating pain in my upper left arm.  None of my pain meds worked.  I saw my regular doctor, but he has no clue what I have.
So now I am the one-armed wonder in truth.  I am using a sling that totally immobilizes my arm.  It is quite an adventure, but it helps with the pain.  I hate feeling helpless, but there is so much I can't do now.