Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 7: Treatment Plan

Today I had the breast ultrasound done and it was normal. After that we went to try and get in with the pain doctor (since they scheduled it for next week). That didn't pan out so we just waited until my appointment with the pain psychologist
He is referring me to a pain program in Rochester Minnesota. It is 3 weeks long and includes everything from occupational therapy to medication. It isn't a cure but it should help.
This means that the diagnosis is most likely Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). It has no cure but can be treated. It can come and go but there is not as much of a timeline as some think. Dixie will probably have her job for life. I probably won't go back to being a vet tech, since it will put too much stress on my arm if I'm healthy again. So now, I am definitely going to pursue behavior and training. After I'm done with Mayo Rochester, I'll be looking to be an assistant trainer to get my foot in the door there.