Saturday, April 25, 2009

I've been a bad, bad blogger

I know, I know.  I have neglected my poor blog for over a week (I think).  But hey, at least I am remedying the situation before it managed to sink into bloggy depression.
Dixie and I went to Charleston to visit with my grandparents, (great) Aunt Ann and (great) Uncle Sam. My mom also came down and a great time was had by all.  Dixie managed to charm everyone, especially Aunt Ann.  She once again proved that she is the best dog in the world.  There was nearly no fighting or grouchiness.
Dixie, Indie and I were supposed to walk in the SPCA K9 3K, but Dixie got into something toxic and I had to rush her to the emergency vet for what we thought were petit mal seizures.  She stayed over night on IV fluids and then I transferred her to where I worked before I got sick.  950$ later she is perfectly healthy and I owe my dad a small part of my soul.
On Tuesday, my mystery illness got worse.  My whole arm is swollen and the pain has reached a new level of excruciating.  The hematologist thought it was a blood clot, so off I went to let an ultrasound technician press on my super tender arm.  Yea, no blood clot.  So now we are waiting on bloodwork results and I am headed to a pain management clinic on Monday.
So now I have completely moved home and am constantly on narcotics, so I can't drive anywhere.  Although going out for more than an hour or two is more than I can handle at the moment.  Such is like with the mystery illness.