Thursday, July 9, 2009

The mystery illness sometimes gets in the way of blogging

Yes, I know, I haven't updated in a while. The mystery illness has been throwing some curveballs and it has gotten in the way of blogging.
So I continue to get worse. The swelling and the pain continue to reach new heights. I told my mom that every time I think I have reached the worst pain I've ever felt and then the stabbing pain comes back and it is always worse than the last time. Then I swell more.
We are still waiting to hear from the orthopedist. He was on vacation until today and we found out that he doesn't take all the cases referred to him. Instead, he reviews the case and takes a few then sends the rest to other doctors. The neurologist hopes that we will hear something next week. I've also been referred to a pain clinic near Baptist that deals in hard to diagnose pain. They also do alot of research so my Raleigh pain doctor thinks I might be able to get in on a drug trial. I'm seeing them at the end of the month so we will see where that goes.
Life has been pretty good otherwise. Dixie's training is getting ready to kick in to high gear as soon as we get her new backpack (around the end of this week or beginning of the next) and we make her "Service Dog in Training" patches. Lola is growing like a weed! She was 5 lbs the week she showed up and now she is around 12 lbs a month later! She is so smart and already knows how to sit. Dixie loves her and is teaching her good dog manners.
The 4th was fun, I got to spend almost 6 hours out by the pool! We had a cookout with the whole family and it was just low key. I had a great time and ate way too much food!
I've been spending alot of time with my Aunt Kay and Laura, who I am so thankful for. We've gone to the movies, shopping, and even crafty stuff. We are making a dog bed for Dixie and a fleece blanket for me and the dogs. I will post pictures once we finish!